Melbourne Autos Terms And Conditions
- Please note postage costs are to most mainland UK addresses, contact us for postage to Isles, Highlands or elsewhere.
- The parts we sell are from auto-salvage and secondhand cars and, as such, these parts will sometimes have small marks on them from everyday use ie: stone chips. These minor blemishes will not be pointed out but any marks we consider significant will always be listed in the description. We will endeavour to supply the exact part you require but due to variations in manufacture we cannot guarantee parts are correct for the purpose required. It is the customers responsibility to make sure that the parts bought are for their particular vehicle, however, if we are notified within 72 hours of purchase for any incorrectly fitting part we will attempt to replace it for another part in similar condition.
- We will exchange or refund faulty parts with the exception of electrical goods which will only be exchanged. Please check goods on receipt and do not sign for if damaged. Faulty/damaged goods must be notified within 24 hours of receipt otherwise no refund will be given. Parts supplied correctly but not needed will only be partially refunded due to the labour costs involved. Refunds/replacements are for parts only carriage charges are not included therefore are non refundable.
- 30 day warranty covers the replacement/refund of parts only, runs from the date of purchase, is void without proof of purchase and does not cover labour costs. We do not accept responsibility for damage to the said part or any vehicle to which it is fitted or to any impaired performance caused by improper fitment or subsequent damage caused by lack of maintenance or for the loss of use of a vehicle whilst the part is being returned/exchanged. We do not assume responsibility for towing charges, lay-up time, losses due to down time, vehicle rental, inconvenience, telephone costs or accommodation.
- All warranty installations must be carried out by a certified/reputable fitter as improper installation will void this warranty and all claims must be presented within the timescale stated for the warranty to be valid.
- Any item or invoice marked ‘Sold as Seen’ will invalidate this warranty. All implied warranties are limited to the terms, any consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty. This warranty is not transferable and does not cover damage to parts that are used in connection with any vehicle racing, damage/accident caused by misuse, improper fitment, continued use or neglect and is void if the part is dismantled or tampered with.
- Please note all items sold are drained of fluids/oils.
- Engines are sold complete less ancillaries and when replaced must be fitted with new timing belt, auxiliary belts, oil, filters and spark plugs. Warranty excludes timing belts, auxiliary belts, gaskets, seals/oil leaks and engine accessories ie: water pump, fuel pump, carburettor, distributor, thermostat etc.
- If previous overheating has been experienced a new/reconditioned radiator must be fitted when the engine is replaced.
- Proper oil and coolant levels must be maintained at all times for warranty to be valid. If Heat Tabs have been melted, tampered with, damaged, or are missing then warranty will be deemed void.
- Engines are warranted against cracked blocks, excessive smoking, bad cam or crankshafts and to be in good running order unless otherwise stated. Cylinder heads are warranted against cracks only.
- Title to the goods shall remain with the Vendor until the full purchase price has been paid.
- These terms and conditions of sale are not intended to restrict or exclude any legal rights bestowed or implied by Law or a consumers statutory rights under the ‘Sale of Goods Act’ 1979 or ‘The Unfair Contract Act’ 1977 or any amendment thereof.
Any other questions?
If so, please dont hesitate to ring, email or use our online contact form